Approved at the meeting of the editorial board of the journal «Scientific Bulletin of Voronezh State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering», series «Linguistics and Intercultural Communication» on November 29, 2007, rec. No. 4. Complemented at the meeting of the Editorial Board on August 31, 2015, minutes No. 1.
Since July 2017 it is published under the title «Actual issues of modern philology and journalism». Certificate of registration of PI No. FS77-70532 dated July 25, 2017.
1. The journal «Actual Issues of Modern Philology and Journalism» is published 4 times a year and publishes relevant studies on the following topics:
- methodics of teaching languages;
- aspects of studying fiction text;
- intercultural communication;
- language of Media;
- events, surveys, reviews.
2. Articles to be published in the journal must contain original material, which has never been published and meets the following criteria: relevance to the journal, scientific novelty and practical significance. By submitting the article, the author guarantees that the submitted material is original, until the end of its consideration the material specified will not be submitted for publication in other scientific publications (to third parties).
3. The author submits to the editorial office the manuscript in electronic form (by e-mail or on any information carrier) issued in accordance with the «Rules for granting manuscripts by the authors» and «Rules for the preparation of articles». Articles sent to the editorial board without meeting the requirements of publication rules are not considered.
4. Simultaneously with the article to the editorial board of «Actual Issues of Modern Philology and Journalism» are transmitted electronically the cover letter (Appendix 1); questionnaire (Appendix 2) - for each of the authors. Works of students, undergraduates and postgraduates are necessarily accompanied by the review of the supervisor or carried out in co-authorship with the supervisor of studies.
5. The received article is registered in the journal of registration of articles with indication of the date of receipt, title, full author’s name. The article is assigned with an individual registration number.
6. All incoming materials before being submitted for review to the editorial board are checked for the absence of plagiarism (improper borrowing), relevance, conformity of the scientific orientation (profile) of the journal. If there is plagiarism (misappropriation) or falsified (unreliable) footnotes, the material will undoubtedly be removed from reviewing, any relations with this author (co-authors) will be broken off, other articles of this author (co-authors) are not accepted for consideration.
7. The manuscript submitted by the author is sent for reviewing to members of the editorial board of the journal «Actual Issues of Modern Philology and Journalism» that oversees this subject, or experts - scientists and specialists in this field (doctors of sciences, PhD).
8. All reviewers have, within the last 3 years, publications on the subject of the article under review. The reviews are kept in the publishing house and in the editorial office of the publication for 5 years. Reviewers are notified that the manuscripts sent to them are private property of the authors and refer to information that is not disclosed. Reviewers are not allowed to make copies of manuscripts for their needs.
9. The reviewing is conducted confidentially. The review is of a closed nature and is given to the author of the manuscript without a signature and indication of the name, position, and place of work of the reviewer. Disclosure of confidentiality is possible only in the case of the referee's statement of unreliability or falsification of the materials contained in the manuscript.
10. The review can be submitted at the appropriate request of the expert councils to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
11. After an expert evaluation of the scientific article, the reviewer may: a) recommend the article for publication; b) recommend the article for publication after revision, taking into account the comments; c) do not recommend the article for publication.
12. In case of a positive review and recommendations by the reviewer of the material for publication, the manuscript and the text of the review are considered at meeting of the editorial board of the «Actual Issues of Modern Philology and Journalism». The presence of a positive review is not a sufficient basis for the publication of the article. The decision on expediency of publication is taken by the editorial board of the «Actual Issues of Modern Philology and Journalism» and is recorded in the minutes of the meeting.
13. If the reviewer indicates the need to refine the material the manuscript is returned to the author. In such a case the date of receipt is the date of return of the revised manuscript. An editor of the journal explains the need for improvement of some aspects on the basis of the received review.
14. If the reviewer does not recommend the article for publication, the review and manuscript are considered at a meeting of the editorial board of the «Actual Issues of Modern Philology and Journalism». In special cases the editorial board reserves the right to make the material to be published or to send it to another reviewer on the appeal of one of the members of the editorial board.
15. If two negative reviews are received the manuscript is no longer considered by the editorial board.
16. The editorial board informs the author about the decision on the publication of his article in the «Actual Issues of Modern Philology and Journalism» the author gets a copy of the review. The author of the unpublished manuscript gets a motivated refusal.
17. The main reasons for rejection of the material by the editorial board can be in particular: insufficient and / or low relevance of the topic; insufficient and / or low degree of scientific novelty of the research, insufficient originality of the research problem and / or applied research methods, insufficient and / or low scientific significance of the conclusions as well as other legitimate motives for which the material provided is not sufficient for its publication of scientific interest for the readers of the journal in the opinion of the members of the editorial board.
18. The fee for publication is not charged. The author's terms is not paid. Author's copy is sent after payment.
19. The receipt of materials for the issue to be print is carried out until February 25, May 15, September 25, November 15 throughout the year.
20. Materials for publication (issued in accordance with the requirements) should be sent by e-mail: email@example.com . Articles are accepted in Russian, English and German. In one issue no more than two articles of the same author are published.