Study at Voronezh State Technical University
for Foreign Students
The academic year at VSTU is from September 1 to June 30:
Duration of study:
- secondary vocational education – 34 to 46 months, depending on the programme;
- BSc/BA (Bachelor’s Degree) – 4 to 5 years depending on the programme and mode of study;
- specialist – 5 to 6 years depending on the programme and mode of study;
- MSc/MA (Master’s Degree) – 24 to 30 months depending on the programme;
- PhD – 4 to 5 years depending on the mode of study.
Admission to VSTU is based on the entrance examination results.
Studying at our university is in Russian so sufficient language knowledge is essential. You can take a Russian course within the preparatory course for foreign students.
Students are admitted to study at Voronezh State Technical University according to the “VSTU Admission Regulations” which can be found on the admission committee’s page. There you can also find list of available programmes and entrance examinations for each course.
You must provide the Institute of International Education and Cooperation with the following documents:
- application form for studying at VSTU;
- education documents equivalent to state-approved education documents issued by the Russian Federation necessary for admission to an education programme of the specific level. The documents must state the qualification (degree), studied subjects and grades;
- Bachelor (BSс/BA), Specialist: certificate of complete secondary education;
- Master (MSс/MA): Bachelor’s or Specialist’s diploma;
- PhD: Master’s or Specialist’s diploma;
- education documents must be legalized by the state issued the diploma (you can find the details of the legalizaition procedure at the Embassy of the Russian Federation in the issuing state or on the website of the Federal State Budget Institution “Glavexpertcenter” (Главэкспертцентр));
- notarized Russian translation of the education documents and grades;
- state-approved certificate of equivalence of education obtained abroad (if available);
- standard medical certificate confirming the absence of medical contraindications to studying in the Russian Federation;
- certificate confirming the absence of HIV infection, valid in the Russian Federation;
- passport, visa and migration card;
- notarized passport translation;
- six matte photos, 3x4 cm.
Russian translation of the education documents must be notarized in Russian Federation or by the Embassy or Consulate of the Russian Federation in the issuing state. Education documents and academic titles certificates must pass the recognition and equivalence establishment procedure in due course.
Institute of International Education may request any additional information.
3. Visa Invitation Letter
If you pass the entrance examinations successfully and are admitted to the programme, you need an invitation letter from Voronezh State Technical University to obtain a student visa and enter the Russian Federation. To apply for the invitation, please submit (personally, by letter, fax or e-mail) the following documents to the Passport and Visa Department of the Institute of International Education and Cooperation:
- filled application form for visa invitation (can be loaded from the website);
- passport copy with specified passport data and passport validity (no less than 18 months before the expiration date).
As soon as the invitation letter is prepared the Institute of International Education and Cooperation will send it to you. Please check the visa requirements at the Embassy of the Russian Federation in your country beforehand. The invitation letter takes at least 45 days of processing so please send all the needed documents in advance.
4. Study Agreement Conclusion
The Institute of International Education and Cooperation prepares the study agreement after the student has successfully passed the entrance examinations and has been admitted to the programme.
Students must cover the following costs:
- Tuition fee for the preparatory course of the Russian language and major subjects from September 1 to June 30 (if necessary);
- Tuition fee;
- Accomodation (student residence);
- Medical certificate and HIV certificate;
- Medical insurance or medical care agreement;
- Education documents verification;
- Education documents translation.
You can inquire about the costs at Glavexpertcenter.
Voronezh State Technical University does not provide scholarships to students studying on the contractual basis.
Library service is free of charge.